Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas Cookies:

So today I thought I would get into the festive spirit and bake some Christmassy cookies. Here are the ingredients you will need: 

225g of soft butter or margarine 
140g caster sugar 
1 egg
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract 
280g plain flour 
A pinch of salt 
And 50g (or about that) of a filling of your choice 

First things first cream (basically mix) the egg and butter together. Then add all the other listed ingredients and mix until it creates a smoothe consistency. Then be creative and add anything you like. I wanted mine to be festive so I added a mix of nuts and some chocolate and honeycombe. Other ideas could be apple and cinnamon or peanut butter? Your mixture should look something like this:


Now spoon the mixture onto some backing paper, place them into a tray and cook then in the oven for 20 minutes (or until golden). Then leave for about 10 minutes to harden. Now your cookies are ready! 


1 comment:

  1. Great post! The cookies look so good, I wish I was a better baker :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete